Thursday, April 25, 2013

The One That Didn’t Get Away

I had good intentions…really, I did.  You see, I had some custom mixed paint leftover from a recent piece and didn’t want it to go to waste.  I decided to add a little more Sherwin Williams Turquish to brighten it up and knew this was the perfect piece to use it on…

yellow stripe1
I took the power sander to it and it chipped perfectly…and then I was stuck. 

console 1
I loved the color, loved the finish but the hardware was such a drag.  Even painted it was just, well, boring.  I was looking through my extra hardware when I found some jute and started wrapping the handles.  I intended to start with one to see what it looked like and I just kept wrapping and wrapping until I had wrapped 15 handles.

console 3
concole 5
console 4
I put all of the drawers back in, stood back and knew I wanted to keep it.  I grabbed my husband to take a look at it and somehow it ended up in our living room.  So, I really did have good intentions to sell this piece but it looks like it’s a keeper {for now, anyways}.
Pin It

Linking up at:

5 comments:

  1. It is very cool! I love how you used the jute on the handles! Way better than replacing so many handles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the handles--you've certainly inspired me. i think i'm going to attempt this on my upcoming dresser makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really love that idea! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color and the wrapped pulls put it right over the top! I can see why it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious what sealer you used after all the distressing. I am trying to decide to use a wipe on poly, or a wax; or if you use something totally different.

    ReplyDelete